Dirge of the Dragon
Combat progresses through 3 second turns.
STAGE 1: INITIATIVE
As always, we start with Initiative. Roll Initiative + 1D10. (Note: Initiative = Dex + Composure)
STAGE 2: ATTACK
- Unarmed close combat: Strength + Brawl, minus targets Defense and Armor.
- Armed close combat: Strength + Weaponry, minus targets Defense and Armor.
- Ranged combat: Guns, etc. Dexterity + Firearms, minus Defense and Armor.
- Ranged combat: Thrown weapsons. Dexterity + Athletics, minus Defense and Armor.
- Aiming: +1 per turn to +3 max
- All out Attack: +2 with Brawl/Weaponry attack, but lose all Defense
- Armor Piercing: Ignores target’s armor = AP rating.
- Autofire: Long burst +3 Med burst +2 Short burst +1
- Concealment: Barely -1, Partially -2, Substantially -3
- Dodge: Doubles defense. Character can take no other action.
- Drawing Weapon: Takes a turn
- Offhand attack: -2 penalty
- Prone: -2 to hit on ranged attack. +2 to hit on close combat attack.
- Range: -2 Med Range, -4 Long Range
- Specified Location: Torso -1, Leg/Arm -2, Head -3, Hand -4, Eye -5
- Surprised: No Defense
- Willpower: +3 dice OR +2 to Resistance trait (Stamina, Resolve, Composure, Defense)
Each time you roll a success against an opponent, it does a single point of damage. How it affects them depends on the type of damage:
- Bashing Damage: These are bruises that come from kicking and punching. It heals fast.
- Lethal Damage: Gunshost, Blades, etc, normally do lethal damage. Vampires take only bashing damage from gunshots.
- Aggravated Damage: Sunlight, fire, and other potent effects are powerful tools against vampires and do extra damage.