Dirge of the Dragon
Health is measured from left to right. If you have a health of 7, you have 7 dots, measuring from left to right. The squares below them give you an area to mark. The furthest right square applies a -3 penalty, 2nd to last -2, and 3rd to last -1.
So, if you had 7 Health and suffered 5 points of damage, your actions would suffer a -1 penalty.
- Bashing Damage: Marked with a “/”
- Lethal Damage: Marked with a “X”
- Aggravated Damage: Marked with a “*”
The lightest wounds get ‘pushed’ to the right, so the heaviest wounds are always on the left as you sustain damaage.
- Your damage track is full, so it contained something like this: *X///// if you gained additional damage, the lightest wound would be upgraded to a lethal wound. So it would become: *XX////.
- The character takes 4 more points of bashing damaage: *XXXXXX.
- The character takes another point of bashing damage: **XXXXX
- The character takes a point of lethal damage: ***XXXX. (At this point, lethal damage doesn’t upgrade twice or anything, wounds only upgrade one at a time and do not depend on type.)
- The character takes 4 more damage: *******. The character dies.
Once the right-most box of Health is reached, you make a Stamina roll to stay conscious. This roll does not incur the -3 penalty. Success means they stay conscious. Vampires are never knocked unconscious due to bashing damage.
Note: A ray of direct sunlight can cause 5 pts of aggravated damage to a vampire, so it’s best to be avoided.
Wounds are always healed from right to left, so the lightest wounds are healed first.
Wounds recover at the following rate:
Bashing: 1 pt regained in 15 minutes.
Lethal: 1 pt regained in 2 days.
Aggravated: 1 pt regained in 1 week.
1 Vitae: Heals 2 pts of bashing damage. Can be done once a turn.
1 Vitae: Heals 1 pt of lethal damage.
5 Vitae: Heals 1 pt of aggravated damage. Takes 2 nights.
Note: Healing damage in this way can be done during combat and is reflexive, so it can be done during an attack rather than as a separate action.
Also: If the right-most Health point is lethal damage, the vampire enters torpor. Time in torpor depends on your Humanity level.